Startup issues : general comments on antivirus and firewalls
Firewalls aim at allocating access rights to specific programs. There are two types of access rights :
- Access to computer resources (files, folders, printers, etc.)
- Internet access (Web, emails, FTP)
Firewalls default settings ensure a sufficient level of security. To allow a specific software to be granted full access to the computer ressources and internet, you must create firewall « exceptions » for that software.
3 such "exceptions" are required for Xeester :
- C:\Program Files\Xeester\xeester-update.exe
- C:\Program Files\Xeester\jre\bin\xeester.exe
- C:\Program Files\Xeester\mysql\bin\mysqld-xeester.exe
GOOD TO KNOW : A web exception must be configured for https://www.xeester.com.
Once these exceptions have been created, you must restart your computer.
Please refer to the specific guidelines for each firewall and antivirus. For any other issue, please contact Xeester support.